Senior Capital Solutions Privacy Notice
Last Updated: 16 November 2023
1. Who We AreSenior Capital Solutions provides funding for later life assets globally. If your mortgage was originated with one of our partners, you can see more about how we process your information by visiting our partner’s websites listed at the bottom of this page. Senior Capital Solutions is a Data Controller which means that we are collecting your personal information on our own behalf. We collect this information so we can monitor performance of our website.
2. ScopeWe respect the privacy of our clients, and users of our website, and developed this Policy to demonstrate our commitment to protecting your privacy. In order to deliver our website to you, from time to time we collect personal information. This Policy describes:
- The types of personal information we may collect or that you may provide when you use or access our website.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that personal information.
- We collect offline or through any other means.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the website. These third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
3. Information We Collect and How We Collect ItWe may collect several types of information from and about you, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, including your full name, email address, phone number, information relating to your inquiry and any other information you may provide using the “Contact Us” feature on our website..
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and other usage details.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you use the “Contact Us” feature on the website.
- Automatically when you access or use the website.
A. Information Provided by YouWe collect the following types of personal information from you when you access the website. The most common of these circumstances where you would provide personal information and the categories of personal information that we collect in those circumstances include the following:
- Contact Us. When you use the “Contact Us” feature on the website, you will send an email to our customer service. In our email exchanges, we may ask you to provide, or confirm, personal information, including your first and last name and email address, your phone number, and the name of your employer so that we can better serve you.
- Phone Calls Related to Your Inquiry. If you use the “Contact Us” feature on the website, we may call you to discuss your inquiry in further detail. In these phone calls, we may ask you to provide personal information, including first name, last name, and email address, so that we can provide you with relevant information.
- When You Apply For A Job. When you send us your CV, we may use your personal information on your CV or in any cover letter or other information you provide to us to evaluate you for a position with the company and to check your background or references.
B. Information that We Collect Automatically From YouWhen you access and use the Website, we may use technology to automatically collect information to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Website, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Website, including location data, time of visit, length of time you visit the Website or specific pages, page views, scroll depth, logs, scoring content that you are interested in, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Website.
C. Information Collection and Tracking TechnologiesThe technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser/mobile cookies). When you visit our Website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to help you navigate our Website efficiently, to personalize your online experience, and to perform certain functions, including Website traffic analysis. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our Website. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our Website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. For example, when you sign in to our Website, we will record your GUID (Globally Unique Identifier) in the cookie file on your computer. This cookie is removed when you sign-out. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our Website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising. You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings (click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions). If you do so, some of the features and services of our Website may not function properly
- Web Beacons and Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Website. We also may include web beacons in promotional email to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer to our users and to measure the overall effectiveness of our Website. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns.
4. Purposes and Our Legal Bases for Processing Personal InformationPurposes for using personal information. While the purposes for which we may process personal information will vary depending upon the circumstances, in general we use personal information for the purposes set forth below.
- Provide you with an overview of what we do.
- To respond to the inquiries you send via the “Contact Us” feature on this website
- To contact you, your prior employers or references in regard to a job inquiry
- To evaluate you for any open positions with the company
- Manage the Website
- Complete a transaction or service requested by you.
- Develop new services and to enhance, improve or modify our Website.
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our Website.
- Track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our users.
- Exercise, defend, or protect our legal rights or the rights of our clients or third parties.
- Keeping our Website and IT systems secure.
- Ensuring that our own processes, procedures and systems are as efficient as possible.
- For legal compliance purposes.
5. How Long We Retain Your Personal InformationWe will retain your personal information for as long as is needed to fulfill the purposes set forth in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements).
6. Sharing of Personal InformationWe may share your personal information as necessary to provide the Website you request, including sharing information with our third party service providers, when required by law, to protect rights and safety, and with your consent. Your personal information is not used for other business purposes than providing the Website to you and reporting to our Clients. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include delivering our Website to you, providing customer service and support for your inquiries to us, supporting our Website functionality, and to assist us in completing diligence related to transactions that may be of interest to you.
- Our investors: We may share your personal information with our investors who may evaluate and approve or deny proposed business relationships, investments, debt financing or otherwise.
- Other situations: We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- When you provide us with your consent to share your information with third parties.